4 Healthy Supplements for Building Quality Muscle!
Take a trip to your local health and nutrition store, and you will find hundreds of different supplements available to you, and it can be overwhelming to say the least. The following are considered the 4 healthy supplements for building quality muscle essential to a successful supplement program.
What supplements are healthy and which should you avoid?
For building muscle, supplements are your best choice for maximizing your progress; therefore, proper supplementation will help create more strength, and quality muscle growth, while minimizing negative effects. Choosing the wrong supplementation can be dangerous, and have serious side effects that come from unhealthy choices.
Muscle Building Supplements
Proteins are specific combinations of amino acids, and they are the building blocks of muscle. It is relevant to know you cannot grow muscle without protein. Supplements, like protein, are broken down into four main categories. They’re whey , casein, soy and egg , and all are healthy muscle building supplements.
- Whey protein: is best consumed 10 to 15 minutes after your workout, they are fast acting.
- Casein protein: should be taken during the day and before bed.
- Soy protein: is a popular choice with vegetarians, and is a healthy muscle building supplement.
- “Egg” protein: this refers to whole food sources like chicken, steak, eggs, black beans and milk. Each which can supplement your diet to help build muscle.
There are unhealthy creatine supplements that make wild claims about muscle growth, therefore it is important to choose the right creatine, and that’s creatine monohydrate. Creatine monohydrate is the most reputable, and it is also the most popular muscle building supplement in the entire fitness industry.
Creatine’s energy source provides your body with a specific phosphate group, hence it complements your natural levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- 5 grams per day is recommended for maintenance.
- 10 to 20 grams for your first few days to max out your muscle growth.
It is important to note, muscle growth does not occur during weight training, because muscle growth occurs when your muscles are at rest repairing, and antioxidants help repair your fatigued and stressed muscles. They actually attack, and absorb dangerous free radicals in your body. Another popular source of Antioxidants are polyphenols found in green tea, and resveratrol found in red wine and grapes, consequently these are healthy muscle building supplements.
Essential Fatty Acids
The best essential fatty acids (EFAs Omega 3 – 6 – 9) these are found in fish and flax seeds.
- Omega 3s are rare in nature, and found only in fish.
- Peanut butter is a great source of Omega 6.
- Fish oil tablets are excellent muscle building substances. They have also been proven to benefit the body internally and externally in other ways.
Focus on any or all of the healthy muscle building supplements listed above, and your new muscles will benefit greatly.
Finally, it should go without saying, but we will say it: Steer clear of dangerous steroids, growth hormones, excess alcohol and too much caffeine. In conclusion, you will be creating a healthy muscle building supplementation program to help max out your muscle growth as safely as possible.
If you want to take out all the guess work in your Nutrition consider 10 Fitness Nutrition!